This is a perfect dish for 2 (with a portion to take to work the next day)
If you are cooking it for a date you have to consider the amount of garlic added…. (taste vs not wanting it to be tasted on each other later in the night)
2 salmon fillets
1 sweet potato
1 spanish onion
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
1 bunch of asparagus
1 bunch of brocolini
1 knob of garlic
1 bunch of basil
Small tub of greek yoghurt
Massel powdered chicken stock
Some sort of vinegar (I use white or red wine but apple cider, balsamic or any sort of vinegar will work)
- Preheat your oven to 180.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into wedges – (refer to picture below….about the size of a lge pub potato wedge)
- Peel and cut the potato into the same size wedges as sweet potato.
- Cut cherry toms in half.
- Peel and cut onion into wedges /quarters
- Place all of your prepared veggies in a baking tray.
- In a bowl, combine 2 Tbsp of stock powder, 1/2 cup of water, a drizzle of olive oil, about 3 Tbsp of vinegar, 4 garlic cloves crushed (or chopped f you don’t have a garlic press… it really doesn’t matter) and a good amount of salt and pepper. Mix.
- Pour over veggies in a baking tray, toss in 1/2 of the basil leaves and use your hands to thoroughly coat.
- Place in oven for roughly 35 minutes (The time will vary from oven to oven. Check every 10-15 minutes that your veggies are not sticking- very gently move them around)
In this time you can make the sauce and prep the greens.
MAKING THE SAUCE
- Use a blender or Nutri bullet if you have one but if not just chop the ingredients and stir…..
- Combine 1/2 cup of yoghurt, 2 Tbsp of mustard, 2 cloves of garlic, juice of half the lemon and the rest of the basil leaves.
PREP YOUR GREEN VEGETABLES
- Simply slice the woody ends of the asparagus and broccolini (try to do it at an angle if you want to look fancy)
- Slice 4 slices from the reserved 1/2 of the lemon.
- The veggies take 35 minutes and this should take no more than 10 minutes (that’s being generous) so you now have some down time.
Now 35 mins have passed….
- Pull your veggies out of the oven. Pour over a good drizzle (maybe 4 Tbsp??) of vinegar and add a little olive oil if they look dry.
- Place your greens in and around the veggies.
- Place your salmon fillets on top of the veg. If they are the ones with the tails at the end, tuck it under so all of the salmon is about the same thickness.
- Drizzle your fish with a little bit of olive oil and season it well with salt and pepper. Place 2 slices of lemon on top of each fillet. It should now look something like below……